Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Betrayal Intersection

I wrote this soon after watching “House of Flying Daggers.”  I’m pretty sure that movie had some deep meaning but I really don’t know what.  So I opted for the post-modern and siphoned my own from it.


Dagger in the back – stabbed in the heart
You were watching all along
Fight for me, I run from you
Like Judas, “I belong!”

What’s the difference between left and right?
They’re both well-worn, both bend out of sight…
I’ve never been, so how can I know?
Seed shoved dead into dirt, I watch others grow:
“This is my choice, I’ll make it alone”

Sun’s now gone
Dark
Shivering
Cold mud
No one


I remember the warmth
The beach
The waves
Innocence


Every agreement has two sides
Every argument one
I’ve taken the wrong path so many times!
(Betrayal intersection has lost its fun)

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

A winter Idaho party. I don't know. I don't think so. I guess if you come I will! Are you seriously moving to Boise?